Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Little Bit of Fall...

Our Fall Trees. They turned out beautiful!


The month of November, our class family really focuses on being thankful for the many things we have in our life. This week we will be making our Fall Corn with what we are thankful for.



This activity has nothing to do with Fall. However, I began implementing this activity in class and the kids love it. I use it as a center station. I provide dice and table place mats. I am fortunate enough to have carpet in my room this year, so I do allow the kids to find a "comfy" spot on the carpet where they  can work quietly.

I create worksheets with the high frequency words of the week. If they roll a one, they write the high frequency word that is for #1. If they roll  a four next, they write whatever high frequency word I have chosen, etc. The kids love it. They are having fun and I know they are learning their words. Everyone is happy! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment